What We’re Getting in BizTalk 2013
The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
-Microsoft BizTalk Server*
*also Mark Twain who was quite alive at the time he said this…
Over the last few years, rumors have been swirling around the BizTalk community regarding the life (or impending death) of BizTalk server. At Tech-Ed 2012 and the BizTalk Summit in December, Microsoft finally put those rumors to rest. Now BizTalk 2013 is more than just on the horizon, it’s available in RTM!
Here’s a quick list of what we’re getting with this release…
- Platform Updates (Visual Studio 2012, Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012, Office 2013, System Center 2012)
- Updated EDI and HL7
- Updated LOB Adapters for SAP, Oracle, and Siebel
- The ability to associate a host other than the default for dynamic send ports
- Improved performance for ordered send ports
- XslCompiledTransforms in maps
- Ability to view artifact dependencies (BIG win, here)
- REST Support (another HUGE win)
- Easier installation and configuration of the ESB Toolkit
- Connectivity to Azure Service Bus and Storage
And one of the coolest things… BizTalk IN THE CLOUD! Besides the capability for adding BizTalk in a VM, BizTalk also will be available as part of the Azure “fabric” and will be integrated with the Azure management portal.
So lots of exciting stuff coming out. Pay attention, it’ll all be available soon! In the meantime, MSDN subscribers can access the RTM bits for BizTalk 2013 On-Premise right away!