Nice post on using CDC to create Audit Trails
If you do not have prior knowledge for CDC Concept of SQL Server please read the following CDC blog post
- BISQL#15:Concept of Change Data Capture (CDC) in SQL Server 2008 Part – III
- BISQL#14:Concept of Change Data Capture (CDC) in SQL Server 2008 Part – II
- BISQL#13:Concept of Change Data Capture (CDC) in SQL Server 2008 Part – I
Now lets understand implementation of Audit Trailing with CDC Concept :
CDC will facilitate user to enable/disable the Audit Trailing on the Database Level. There will not be direct visible impact on the UI by CDC functionality.
Following is High level overview for CDC processing
CDC Audit Trailing requirements
- To track any modification performed on the database and to track all the changes in Database at every level, Audit Trailing needs to be implemented.
- As per Database requirement Auditing is most important aspect to track change details and…
View original post 662 more words