Twin Cities Connected Systems User Group – January 19, 2012
Please join us for the Twin Cities Connected Systems User Group from 6:00 to 7:30 on Thursday January 19th 2012 at the Microsoft office in Edina MN.
Registration is not required, but is appreciated. Register here.
Note that the Microsoft office has moved from Bloomington to Edina. The new address is:
3601 West 76th Street
Edina, MN 55435-3019
Adam Grocholski of RBA Consulting will be presenting on Securing WCF Services with the Windows Azure Access Control Service.
Integrating your WCF services with third-party authentication and identity management systems can be a daunting task. Some of the common challenges associated with this task include:
- Configuring WCF bindings to request a token from ACS
- Validating the incoming token issued by the identity provider
- Parsing the incoming token
- Implementing authorization checks
- Transforming tokens by adding, removing, or changing the claims types and values
- Using configuration rather than code to accomplish all of the above
In this session we’ll look at how to use the Windows Azure Access Control Service (ACS) to tackle these challenges. We’ll start by covering the basics of identity management and ACS. From there we’ll look at how to secure WCF services via ACS using the following methods:
- WCF Username Authentication
- WCF Certificate Authentication
- WCF Federated Authentication with AD FS 2.0
Please see the User Group website for more information.